RE: [GreenYes] Prohibition of the sale of glass bottles
The French Quarter in New Orleans prohibits the sale of glass bottles within
an approximately 16-block area.  The city has no "open container" law as
most cities do, and thus tourists (and others) are allowed to walk around
with alcoholic beverages in the streets - but only in plastic cups or
non-breakable containers.  There is an actual ordinance I have seen posted,
but as I was only a tourist I don't have a source for it.