[GreenYes] reply to Delyn
Visalia, California, and Oxnard, California, I believe still use split carts and split body vehicles to collect recyclables on one side and refuse on the other. Riverdale, IL I believe uses split carts for recyclables (fiber on one side, commingled containers on the other).  Planto, TX used to , but went to single-stream (removed dividers from carts and vehicles).  Markham, Ontario was doing a pilot a while back for co-collection of recyclables and refuse. I hope that helps some.

Susan Bush
R.W. Beck