RE: [GreenYes] Re: grocery stores that charge for bags
Ireland have just brought in a tenpence tax on plastic carrier bags.  The
childrens newsround story which I happened to catch showed the response
mainly from children who, on the whole, thought it an excellent idea.  We do
have in the UK a few stores now promoting a 'bag for life' the local farm
shop does a canvas bag, some supermarkets do really heavy duty reusable bags
which they cahrge for.  Our local community shop has a basket for people to
bring bags for reusing.  We must learn to take our shopping baskets out with
us!  We always had to in the not so distant past - I'm not that old!  Bad
habits are easily aquired and I think it's a really good thing to be stung
for a bag - after a few stings you will soon learn to at least stuff a few
in your coat pocket - I've been doing that for years.
Nicky Scott
Devon Community Composting Network UK