Re: [GreenYes] Comparison
Tim pointed out that I left off a time frame in my estimates.

The 27-30 pounds is weekly.

Thanks.

B. Wayne Turner
City of Winston-Salem
Utilities Division
phone: (336) 727 8418
email: waynet@cityofws.org

>>> "Tim Brownell" <timb@spnec.org> 05/01/02 10:26AM >>>
Wayne,
27-30 pounds per what time frame?  Also, does that include recyclables?  Let me know and I can respond as to what we have here in Saint Paul.

Tim Brownell
President/Chief Operating Officer
Eureka Recycling
624 Selby Avenue
Saint Paul, MN  55104
Phone: 651-222-7678 x 111
Fax: 651-221-9831
NEW EMAIL ADDRESS:  timb@eurekarecycling.org

Visit our NEW WEBSITE!   www.eurekarecycling.org

Eureka Recycling, a nonprofit organization created by the Saint Paul Neighborhood Energy Consortium,
specializes in recycling and waste reduction services, programs, education and advocacy. Our mission is
to reduce waste today through innovative resource management and to reach a waste-free tomorrow
by demonstrating that waste is preventable not inevitable.

>>> "Wayne Turner" <WAYNET@cityofws.org> 05/01 7:04 AM >>>
I've estimated that we collect approximately 27 - 30 pounds of household refuse (excludes yard waste, appliances, bulky items such as furniture, etc.) from every household in Winston-Salem where I work.  We have a population, based on 2000 census, of 185,776 and 76,247 households.  I'm interested in comparing this to other cities of roughly similar size.  Any data from other cities would be greatly appreciated.  I can do a comparision of the demographics after the fact by going out to the Census Bureau web site.

Thanks in advance for any information.

B. Wayne Turner
City of Winston-Salem
Utilities Division