Re: [GreenYes] Fwd: HELP! Cost figures needed
Pat,
a curious partnership between the paperboard industry and the glass industry produced a report in 1995 on 'Activity Based Costing' which provided new insights into the cost of recycling different materials. The bottom line is that volume drives cost (hence, alum & plastic containers are more costly than glass/fibres - hence the alliance...).
I think the following website summary has some numbers:

http://www.glassworks.org/glassworks/winter96/abc.html

Otherwise you can request a copy at:

ppec@ppec-paper.com

H.