Re: [GreenYes] Bryant Gumbel
Television industry needs to be educated in recycling
/ environmental field.  I watch home and garden,
crafty, sewing, related shows.  Kinds of comment that
TV casters make is very ignorant about environmental
issues.  They often use the term, "ECO".  Their
emphasis is to create things cheap and pretty,and
possibly "ECO" looking (earthy tone color, bamboo
textured furniture, etc.).  To me they are making full
out of themselves for using the term "eco" when they
create such obsolete materials and encouraging
purchasing of fancy paper cups and such (because no
one wants to wash dishes when you have a big party).
Cooking or gardening shows are viewed by people (men
and women) who are interested in doing things around
their houses. Maybe it is good for them to hear about
recycling not from local recycling company or local
government, but from their favorite TV personnels? If
any one of you have a list of big media contacts (NBC,
ABC, etc. etc.), please let me know.  Thank you for
your help in advance.