[GreenYes] Fwd: FW: Vermicompost field day

Michele Young from San Jose has sent me information about this
exciting vermicompost workshop offered by University of California
Cooperative Extension. It is Dec. 12, 2001 from 9 am to 1 pm, free,
and open to anyone who can make it.  Please pass this to everyone on
your list who may be interested.  and feel free to print and
distribute as possible.

FREE WORKSHOP WITH TOP OF THE LINe PRESENTERS!

An excellent opportunity to learn from top-notch leaders

in vermicomposting will take place on Wednesday, Dec.

12 from 9-1 pm at the Bay Area Research and Extension

Center in Santa Clara, California.

Sessions and speakers include:

Alternatives in Organic Waste Handling in the City of

San Jose: Michele Young. City of San Jose

California Grey Bears In-vessel Composting : Karin

Grobe, Organic Recyclers Anonymous

In-vessel Food Composting Technologies: Yvette

DiCarlo, California Integrated Waste Management

Board

Large Scale Vermicomposting: Mario Travalini, Organics

Division, American Resource Recovery

Medium Scale Vermicompost and effects of VC on chilii

pepper and soil: Vaishali Tamhankar, UCCE Santa Clara

Cty

Hand-on Vermicompost Harvest: Vaishali Tamhankar

and Maria de la Fuente, UCCE Santa Clara County

This field day is FREE and coffee and refreshments are

being provided by "From the Ground Up" and "Organic

Recyclers Anonymous.

For more information, contact: Sue Conde, UCCE Office

Assistant @ 408-299-2635 ext. 1002 Dr. Zak Mousli,

BAREC @ 408-296-1672

--
Mary Appelhof, Author of "Worms Eat My Garbage"
Flowerfield Enterprises