Re: [GreenYes] ANWR vote
Wayne, Roger, Greenyes:

It appears that the ANWR drilling issue is indeed tacked onto H.R. 10, the Railroad Retirement Bill.  It looks like the pertinent amendment may be S. Amndt. 2171, "To enhance energy conservation, research and development, and to provide for security and diversity in the energy supply for the American people, and for other purposes. " Sponsor: Sen Lott, Trent- Latest Major Action: 11/29/2001 Cloture motion on Amendment SA 2171 presented in Senate.  Looking on the various legislative websites, I am unable to get full text, only tables of content.

It DOES look like this is coming up for a vote this afternoon, around 5:00 pm. The Senate's calendar shows debate on the amendment as scheduled for 5:15.   Very sneaky....

Cat Wilt

Catherine A. Wilt, Senior Research Associate
Center for Clean Products and Clean Technologies
311 Conference Center Bldg.
University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN 37996-4134
ph: 865-974-1915