RE: [GreenYes] landfill question
Susan,

In your area, the Bay Area Air Quality Management District monitors the air
emissions from landfills, and the San Francisco Bay Regional Water Quality
Control Board monitors the water emissions from landfills.

Contacts:
Water:
1515 Clay St. Suite 1400
Oakland, CA 94612
Phone # (510) 622-2300
Fax # (510) 622-2460
http://www.swrcb.ca.gov/rwqcb2/

Air:
Bay Area Air Quality Management District
939 Ellis Street * San Francisco, California 94109
(415) 771-600
http://www.baaqmd.gov/

Gary Liss

At 02:04 PM 11/02/01 -0600, Reindl, John wrote:
>In my state, municipalities do monitor both the leachate collected and the
>groundwater discharges from landfills. But air emissions are not well
>monitored, and some landfill engineers say that most of the emissions escape
>directly to the atmosphere, rather than go through the gas collection
>system. This makes the monitoring of air emissions difficult.
>
>John Reindl, Recycling Manager
>Dane County, WI

916-652-7850
Fax: 916-652-0485