[GreenYes] latest WTC tonnage
I just heard (CNN) that the tonnage figure is up to 40,000 tons from the
World Trade Center.  They are hauling it to Fresh Kills landfill where the
FBI is sifting through it.  I still don't know if the metal is being
recycled.  Based on the last figure (13,000 tons after 2 days of digging),
they seem to be doing about 6500 tons per day using cranes and a bucket
brigade.

Maggie Clarke, Ph.D.
Environmental Scientist and Educator
http://everest.hunter.cuny.edu/~mclarke/index.htm