[GreenYes] update on NYC
We're still reeling from the recent events downtown.

I just heard a statistic of interest:  So far 13,000 tons of material, in 1400 trucks have been brought to Fresh Kills and they have barely scratched the surface.  There were millions of square feet of office space involved.  I have not heard whether it will be recycled.  I can't imagine how many tons of steel there must be, but each of the vertical beams just on the outside of the building were spaced 3 feet apart, 110 floors up.

Maggie Clarke, Ph.D.
Environmental Scientist and Educator
http://everest.hunter.cuny.edu/~mclarke/index.htm
New York City