RE: plastic bags
Glen,
Trex is a company here in the Pacific North West that is recycling film
plastic and scrap wood to produce lumber products.  Most of the feedstock
they procure here locally (Portland Metro Region) was destined for tranfer
stations/landfills.
They primarilly provide services to large quantity commercial generators
but, may be able to source you to one of their Seattle customers as an
outlet.   I'm not sure if they can do this for you but you can try
contacting Ryan Rasmussen for more information.  His contact info is below.

Also check out their website for an incredible picture of a deck made from
old plastic bags and other waste materials. - http://www.trex.com

Ryan Rasmussen
TREX
Material Sourcing Representative