RE: plastic bags
Title: RE: plastic bags

I take my Type 2 bags to Jewel-Osco.

-----Original Message-----
From: melissa terry [mailto:melissaterry@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 12:10 PM
To: multiple recipients of
Subject: RE: plastic bags

greetings,

our recycling center does not accept the plastic bags
you describe, but wal-mart claims that they recover
their bags to resell for the manufacturing of recycled
plastic lumber. (ironically, they don't offer this
product for sell at their stores and they declined to
put a recovery bin at our community recycling
facility.)

we have such a problem with them floating around our
roadsides, creeks and barbed wire fences that we call
them <<ozark tumbleweeds>> around here. i am working
on a pilot project with some economics students to do
a waste audit of wal-mart's plastic bag contribution
to the world.

if anyone has a heads up on who else is recycling
these bags, i'd love to know about it.

thanks,
melissa terry