[GreenYes] Sat. May 19 Election Reform in San Francisco
WE NEED YOU !!!

West Coast Voter Rights March to Restore Democracy
A March and Rally for Election Reform
San Francisco, CA, Saturday May 19, 2001
www.voterwest.org
FREE

Election reform has stalled at the Federal Level.  The
media and the politicians think that we don’t care!  That
we think the last election was just a fluke. And no real
reform is needed.   If you think we really need election
reform in the United States then make your voice heard
by attending VoterMarch West in San Francisco this
Saturday, May 19, 2001.

We know that election reform isn’t dead so join us and
make sure the media and politicians don’t forget.  And
remember that EVERY PERSON attending VoterMarch
West COUNTS!

For directions, carpooling information, and the latest
listing of speakers and entertainers visit our website
at www.voterwest.org.   Rain or Shine!

Justin Herman Plaza March Zone 9:00 – 10:00 am

If you want to march arrive at Justin Herman Plaza by
10:00 am.  Make your own sign or join us earlier to
make your own.  Sign making will begin by 9:00 am.
Some materials will be available.  For slogan ideas
see our website.

The March will be down Market Street to the Civic
Center (just over 2 miles).

Rally at the Civic Center in San Francisco
(schedule may vary slightly)

Tabling opens at 10:00 am

Seating on the Grass, bring a blanket and dress warm,
as San Francisco can be foggy, sunny and windy
all in the same day.

MUSIC:
10:30 Jana Herzen Jazz Band
11:00 The Veil (Celtic band)

Program starts 11:30
    Jim Higdon, Moderator
    Vice Mayor Maudelle Shirek, City of Berkeley, California
    Supervisor Chris Daly, City of San Francisco
    Marie Harrison, Community Activist
    Raquel Lavina, Ella Baker Center for Human Rights
    Kim Singh, Director, Asian American Policy Institute

MUSIC: Zehm Aloim (guitar folk)

12:40-1:00 p. m. Internet activists
    Catherine Danielson, Election Fraud in Tennessee
    Tammy "the Diva" Talpas

MUSIC: Jana Herzen (brief performance)

1:00-1:50 p.m.  Elections and Electoral Reform

    Medea Benjamin, Global Exchange – Election Reform
    Keith Carson, Board of Supervisors, Alameda County
    Assemblyman Kevin Shelley, Majority Leader,
	California Assembly – Election Reform in California
    Steven Hill, Center for Voting and Democracy – Voting
	Methods – Instant Run-Off
    Carl Page, Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility
	– Computerized election Equipment, are they fraud proof
    Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi – Election Reform at the National Level

MUSIC: Jimi Mamou (blues)

1:50-2:20 p.m. Civil Rights and Elections

    Fran Beal, Black Radical Congress
    Riva Enteen, Vice-President, National Lawyers Guild
    Reverend Stephen Jeffrey, New Hope Baptist
	Church, Seattle Washington
    Stephanie Wilson, Director, The Fannie Lou Hamer Project

MUSIC:  Sara Messenger (political folk)

FINAL THRUST:

2:20-3:30. Democracy and our Institutions -Media, The
	Judicial System, The Armed Forces, The People
    Sue Wilson, Truth in America – Role of Media in Elections
    Norman Solomon, FAIR – Role of Media in Elections
    Ed Reiman, Vietnam Veteran – Media during Vietnam
	and Now, Similarities?
    Professor John Denvir, University of San Francisco School
	of Law – US Supreme Court Decision – Over 500 US
	Law Professors Letter Protesting the decision in Bush v Gore
    Ed Begley, Actor - Getting Involved

3:30-4:00 p.m SJ Sloan – songwriter, known best for “Eve of
	Destruction” one of the most recognizable protest songs of the 1960s.

ACTION -

· Ten Things You Can do About Voting Reform in Your Community
· Resolution on Election Reform to Bring to Your City Council
· VoterMarch Election Reform Platform
· And other petitions and letter writing campaigns.

Concurrent Demonstrations of New Voting Methods at the Small Stage

10:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Teach-In Stage  (More in depth Demonstrations of Fair Elections)

Starting at 10:30 am, and running approximately every 30
minutes until 4:00 PM, the Center for Voting & Democracy,
Californians for Proportional Representation, and California
Instant Run-Off Coalition, will be providing in depth
demonstrations on instant run-off voting, proportional
representation, how redistricting affects your vote.  You will
be able to participate in mock elections using these
alternative-voting methods that can reduce the cost of elections,
reduce the spoiler effect and negative campaigning.  Join us to
see how these methods work and how you can implement
these methods in your local elections.

Catherine Danielson (Tennessee Election Fraud) will also
provide a detailed discussion of voting fraud in Tennessee.
We will also provide instruction on how to use the internet
to organize your cause.

Presenters and Contact Information

Cathy Danielson – Details on Election Fraud in Tennessee
615-460-7463 anise_leinen@yahoo.com.

Californians for Proportional Representation – San Francisco  (CPR)
Coordinator, Betty Traynor
415/558-8133 / 415/558-8135 fax
btraynor@energy-net.org

Center for Voting and Democracy
Celeb Kleppner
Director Majority Rule Project
PO Box 22411
San Francisco, CA 94122
415 665-5044 / 415 665-5044 fax
www.rairvote.org
calebk@fairvote.org

California Instant Runoff Voting Coalition
Dave Robinson
Director
52B Escondido Village
Stanford, CA 94305
 650-497-1501
Fax: 650-725-0259
info@calirv.org
www.calirv.org

Tabling Organizations - National, state and local organizations
will have material about their groups for your information
and to help you get involved.

Partial Listing

Bay Area Coalition for Political Reform
Bush Brothers Banana Republic Resistance
Bush On Crack
California Instant Runoff Voting Coalition
Common Cause
The Committee to Recall Willie Brown
The Democratic Election Committee, Inc. 	“Rock The House in 2002"
Environmental Finance Center, Region IX
First Amendment Center
Fringefolk
Global Recycling Council
Global Exchange
Independent Writers & Artists Association
League of Women Voters (Register to vote here)
Planned Parenthood
San Francisco Solid Waste Management Program
Sierra Club – San Francisco
Steven Friedman’s www.bushstolethepresidency.com
Musician Table CD from our performers
VoterMarch – Fighting for Voter Rights

Voter March Materials available at the Rally

T-shirts – Raven standing over Florida saying Nevermore
Button – “I support a VOTERS Right to Choose”
Sticker One Person, One Vote - VoterMarch – Fighting for Voter Rights
Vincent Bugliosi’s new book “The Betrayal of America: How the Supreme
Court
 Undermined the Constitution and Chose Our President”

Donations

And if you can’t make it but want to support our cause you can donate by
visiting our website at www.voterwest.org

Voter March West
1563 Solano Ave., Box 507
Berkeley, CA 94707