From: BRING Recycling [mailto:bring@efn.org]
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2001 4:39 PM
To: multiple recipients of
Subject: [GreenYes] Curbside recycling incentive programs

Our Lane County RRAC group (Resource Recovery Advisory Committee) is looking into programs that reward residents for good recycling. We have found one program in Berkeley that checks trash cans for recyclables and awards a cash prize if no recyclable items are found. We have also heard of programs that inspect recycling bins for proper preparation. In all programs, participation is voluntary of course. Does anyone know of any similar programs anywhere? The aim is to encourage recycling, increase education and get some free press for recycling.
Julie Daniel
General Manager
BRING Recycling
phone: (541) 746-3023