Re: [GreenYes] Reuters: Waste Management gets okay for Quebec "bioreactor"
I am surprised to hear you say that a RDF burner has no nasty byproducts.
That is certainly contrary to the data, but it certainly seems to be a
common misperception of many Europeans, who believe that their technology
is somehow perfect. RDF burners have been shown to have similar emissions
as conventional incinerators, and that should be no surprise -- garbage in,
garbage out is always a good motto.

Neil Tangri

At 19:37 03/31/2001 EST, EcoWaters@aol.com wrote:
>Is this something other than a methane digester?
>
>In Salzburg, Austria, refuse is burned (RDF) (low-temp--no nasty
by-products) in the winter and make compost for sale during the summer.