RE: [GreenYes] AP: Throw-Away Phone Tossed Into Cellular Market
<<"Imagine giving a wireless phone to your 8-year-old child so he can call
you to pick him up after school by saying, 'Call home,' " said Segal.>>

Imagine giving 35 cents to your child so he can call you after
school....Imagine your child riding the school bus and just coming home by
himself....Imagine knowing what time your son gets out of school so you can
be there to pick him up at the right time.  Imagine either having a cell
phone, or not having a cell phone.  Please stop imagining more things that
are designed to just be thrown away.

My apologies for excessive sarcasm.  The soapbox has been following me
around since I first heard about this.  There have been more rolling
blackouts in California, and its not even summer yet.  Is there any good
news out there? Is anybody (outside of this list, of course) getting the
message?  And, perhaps most importantly, who do we tell and how do we get to
them?  Thanks for letting me vent.

-- terri