[GRRN] Questons about lifetime environmental costs and impact
We are making office policy reccomendations and these questions came up. I
would appreciate either answers to these questions or references to sources
that would help answer them.  Thanks.

1) When reproducing multiple copies of the same document, which is more
energy and material efficient - using your laserwriter or photocopier?  I
know that one could make a stab at the base costs by doing the math (like,
number of copies one gets per cartridge) but this doesn't take into account
other things I dont know how to measure - like a photocopying machine is
made for making multiple copies, whereas a printer isn't necessarily.  And
undoubtably there are other issues I don't know about.

2) What about the environmental impact/tradeoff between paper towels and a
service for continual roll washable cloth towels?  The paper towels can be
made of recycled paper, and the white-white cloth rolls probably are kept
that way with copious quantities of bleach and hot water.