[GRRN] [Fwd: E-Valentine]
Looks like a good thing to do.

Hi Gang,

Here's a fun way to help protect endangered species.

-Peter

ACTION ALERT
SEND YOUR SENATOR AN ENDANGERED SPECIES E-VALENTINE TODAY!!

Go to http://www.stopextinction.org and click on the red heart to
send you Senator an e-valentine.

Can't bear to be without endangered species? The Endangered Species
Coalition can't either and  wants to get your Senator's support for
stronger endangered species protections.  Valentine's Day is just
around the corner and we want our endangered species to feel loved
this year. So we are sending e-valentines to all Senators by simply
going to our website, www.stopextinction.org

We are facing the greatest rate of species extinction since the
disappearance of the dinosaurs. If the extinction rate continues at
its present level we could lose 1/4 of the worlds species in the next
fifty years.  The main cause of species extinction is the degradation
and loss of habitat.  In many instances this is directly related to
human activity.

In Congress this year, we will see many attacks on the Endangered
Species Act (ESA).  On Feb. 7th our first threat to the ESA was
introduced into the House of Representatives by Rep. Radanovich
(R-CA) (HR 472).  This bill will severely weaken endangered species
protections.   Also, we have already heard from Rep. Jim Hansen,
chair of the Resources Committee (the committee that deals with all
Endangered Species issues), that he has pledged to Pres. Bush and the
media that he will "fix" the Endangered Species Act (ESA).  We want
to make sure that if the ESA is "fixed" it gets done correctly and
that no imperiled species are lost forever.

So go to http://www.stopextinction.org and click on the heart to send
your Senator an e-valentine and protect endangered species.

Much Love,
The Endangered Species Coalition