[GreenYes] Sustainable design
I have a friend in Israel who has asked me to send him information on sustainable design - he designs furniture, household items, and works with a wide range of materials - glass, metal etc.   Because there's almost no large-scale recycling in Israel, he's looking at how other countries, private companies etc. have used recycled materials to make new things.  He's interested in creating motivation and incentive for people to recycle - for example, if he can say - this chair was made from 500 cans (or other recycled material).  Does anyone know of any innovative work that links modern design with environmental concerns?

It takes less than 1 minute a day to click on www.therainforestsite.com  to help save rainforests - it's free and has raised enough sponsorship money to purchase (and preserve)  about 5000 acres since the site opened in May 2000!

Elizabeth Berry
Environmental consultant
Washington, D.C.