[GreenYes] ACT: Fight climate change with Zero Waste!

Title: [GreenYes] ACT: Fight climate change with Zero Waste!

Dear friends,

The nations of the world are preparing their strategies for the climate
change negotiations in Poznan, Poland. Few governments understand the
potential of Zero Waste as a solution to the climate change problem. It
is important that they hear from you -- governments should commit to
Zero Waste as part of their climate change obligations.

GAIA is asking its members and allies to take a few easy steps:

1. Sign the open letter to the world's governments at:
www.globalgaia.org/poznan

2. Send this message to your friends and allies!

3. Contact your government representative to the climate change
negotiations and ask for a meeting before they leave for Poland
(December 1). Your representative (called "national focal point") is here:
http://maindb.unfccc.int/public/nfp.pl

4. If you get a meeting, take the sign-on letter (I can provide you with
a complete list of signatories) and some of GAIA's literature and
explain why Zero Waste is an important strategy for climate change. If
you're not up to this, write me and I'll help you with the arguments!

5. Whether you get a meeting or not, hold a press conference and let the
world know!

For more on the connection between waste and climate change, see the
GAIA website at:
www.globalgaia.org/climate

Thank you for all your good work!

Neil