[GreenYes] Re: Waste volumes

Title: [GreenYes] Re: Waste volumes

This post is so insightful.  I was thinking as I read that the
economic crisis should reduce discards since people will be buying as
much.  But it is worrisome to think that to avoid paying handling
fees, they may be discarded indiscriminately .

Now that we know from Dan that scavengers deliver superior product
through source-separation to the buyback's specs, wouldn't it be a
good idea to engage them into the recycling industry?  Then instead of
stealing they will be making an honest living.

Since we are talking about reducing discards and waste, why must
tomato sauce bottle be made that way?  Since we have been reading that
chemicals from plastic in food packaging materials can leach into food
wouldn't it be a good idea to use uniform glass containers, with wider
openings, to store food product.  That way it will reduce discards and
raw material will not be wasted since glass containers can be re-used.

Watching TV about the hidden dangers of volcanoes in Yellowstone Park
erupting, I do wonder why it is not possible to use the lava and the
latent heat from this source in processes.  If we can pump oil to a
level of depletion we can do the same for lava, right?  Can it be used
in recycling processes?

Yeah, I know.  Sometimes I do ask the funniest if not the most stupid
questions.  I don't care.  Just think about it, anyone?

Happy Halloween.

Nancy