[GreenYes] Re: Charitable donation agency

Title: [GreenYes] Re: Charitable donation agency

Thanks Mary Lou and Rebecca. In the Boston area there are a variety of
thrift stores, but none of them do much to market themselves well to the
general public (though a new clothing chain called "Second Time Around" has
begun showing up in upscale communities and even a high-end mall). There are
a couple architectural salvage outlets in Boston, but they are virtually
unknown to the average person and are located in places where no one of
financial means goes. I've never visited Urban Ore, so I don't know much
about how you are situated in the Bay area. Do you think the success has to
do with the Bay area's unique characteristics, or is this a missed
opportunity - where reuse opportunities are just not taking advantage of the
available middle class market?

Ann Dorfman
Recycling & Resource Management Consulting
9 Henshaw Street, Newton, MA   02465
O: 617-244-9321
C: 617-413-4901
F: 617-446-1431