[GreenYes] Re: [ZWBusiness] [GAIA] Toronto Globe & Mail Zero Waste article

At 03:04 PM 6/17/2008, Gary Liss wrote:

of Zero Waste in all of our proposals, publications and talks.  We can also highlight that the measurement of success for Zero Waste may be achieving 90% waste diversion from landfills AND incinerators, as provided for in the ZWIA Zero Waste Business Principles
( http://www.zwia.org/standards.html). Anything less than 90% diversion from landfills and incinerators is NOT Zero Waste.

I was just trying to pitch a research idea involving the reuse sector, as part of my job, to someone who made his fortune in recycling, and I was asked, so where has zero waste been achieved?  (I did mention the zero waste businesses, but he was looking for communities.)   Is there a website that keeps accurate, current tabs on the stats of the best zero waste communities?  (i.e., stats on diversion for composting, recycling, reuse, generation rate reduction over a base rate, etc?)  It could just be a small online spreadsheet.

Recommended viewing for the 21st century:  www.storyofstuff.com

Maggie Clarke, Ph.D.
www.MaggieClarkeEnvironmental.com
Environmental Scientist, Educator