[GreenYes] Re: On Climate, Symbols Can Overshadow Substance

The important thing is to create the awareness so I believe that every single action counts even when it receives a negative response.   Debates will create a stream of reactions and one of these reactions may lead to a solution for a greener world.

My son is only 10 and already he has thought up of a way to save water to wash his school shoes and he has influenced his younger sister who is 8 to do the same.  So my blog about keeping the environment green is not in vain after all.

Here is his method:

Before you take your shower, place a stool with holes on it over a small pail in your bathroom. Position them so that the sprays of water from the shower will hit it when you turn the water on.

Stand on top of the stool before turning the water on to bathe. Once the little pail of water is full, pour it into a bigger container.

For children who would like to try this at home, test the idea out with one of your parents around to ensure safety. Find a stool with a larger surface area and make sure that it can withstand your weight. The surface must not be smooth and slippery. It must also not be too high that you will hurt yourself should you slip and fall.  Stand on the stool only when you are ready to shower and not when you are applying soap.

The water saved can also be used for washing floors.  I am sure that this idea can be commercially incorporated into floors of bathroom in future homes.

Nancy