[GreenYes] Re: Garbage to energy

Title: Re: [GreenYes] Garbage to energy
Interesting.  One of my concerns is that these types of enterprises qualify for public financing through bonds. Recycling doesn’t tend to qualify for bonds, nor need  the kinds of investments that venture firms go to, and venture investing drives the market as well (although some might say it follows the market). It all makes it harder for recycling to compete. Renewable Portfolio Standards that include energy from waste are another public subsidy that could undermine recycling and will effect the marketplace.

Amy