http://www.marcgunther.com/?p=145

From: http://www.usatoday.com/money/default.htm
'Zero-landfill' movement has corporate types talking trash

From: http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/environment/2008-02-18-green-factories_N.htm
It's waste not, want not at super green Subaru plant
By Chris Woodyard, USA TODAY

Gary Liss

At 09:33 PM 4/22/2008, Peter Spendelow wrote:

To the GreenYes list

A bit of a coincidence immediately following Eric's post on the Hearst
Corporation aiming for zero waste at their building, but I received
the following request from Joanna Dyer asking for case studies of
companies that have successfully achieved zero waste or are well on
their way.  If you have examples of companies and contact information
that you can provide, please email Joanna directly at
joanna.bgi@no.address, as she is not yet on the GreenYes list.  She is
working on a project with Recreation Equipment Coop on their zero
waste to landfill initiative.  Thanks.

Peter Spendelow
Oregon Department of Environmental Quality

Hello,
My name is Joanna Dyer and I am an MBA student at Bainbridge Graduate
Institute studying sustainable businesses.  I am working on a project
with REI and their zero waste to landfill initiative.  They are in the
first few years of this project and we are helping them to identify
leverage points and strategies that will help them meet their goal of
zero waste by 2020.

I am wondering if there are case studies available about other
companies that have successfully achieved zero waste or are well on
their way.  Also, I am looking for contact information at comparable
companies that  have achieved zero waste.  REI has nearly $1billion in
sales and has about 100 retail stores throughout the country.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Joanna Dyer
MBA Candidate 2009
Bainbridge Graduate Institute

Gary Liss & Associates