[GreenYes] reusable cups vs. paper

A recent article on Treehugger.com claims to have definitively found
that paper cups use less energy --
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/03/ceramic-greener-than-disposable.php

But of course, many responded that many variables were not accounted
for, i.e., delivery, travel to landfill, etc.

I have a client who wants to know if there is any more "official" word
on this. They've calculated that their staff of about 100 "use an
astounding 22,000 plus cups at a weight of nearly 700 pounds" each
year. So in their case, how could disposable cups be a better option?
They are in the process of switching.

I'd be grateful for any additional hard data that I could share with
them. Thank you.

Elizabeth Striano
www.agreenfootprint.com