From: GreenYes@no.address [mailto:GreenYes@no.address] On
Behalf Of Mike
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 10:40 AM
To: GreenYes
Cc: June Dea
Subject: [GreenYes] Recycling Tennis Balls

Does anytbody have anything new on recycling Tennis Balls,  I've been
working with a June Dea from MD who is trying to find information on how
to recyle tennis ballls but has only found the old reuse options such as
dog toys and to keep chair legs from scratching the floor, etc and
others as described on JTRNet at
http://www.epa.gov/epaoswer/non-hw/recycle/jtr/jtrnet/tennball.htm

Here is June's original question:

Hi Mike, I wanted to get more technical answers to this question.  Is it
safe to assume that the reason tennis balls are not being recycled
because of the cost to actually do it, i.e separating the fuzzy part
from the rubber ball itself?  Has anyone actually done it?

Yes, I've already been to the site below through a google search.

Please let me know if you know of any recycled product manufacturers
that I can speak with.    Thanks,  June

Also , FYI, I did send an email to Penn, a large manufacturer of tennis
balls and received the following response:

Thank you for your email. Due to the materials in a tennis ball it
cannot be recycled in the traditional manner. However, we have seen some
of our customers donate the old tennis balls to schools or dog parks.
Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
HEAD/Penn Racquet Sports