From: GreenYes@no.address [mailto:GreenYes@no.address]On
Behalf Of Alan Muller
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 8:45 AM
To: Christine.McCoy@no.address; Wayne Turner
Cc: GreenYes@no.address; Richard.Bray@no.address
Subject: [GreenYes] Re: C & D recycling facilities

At 09:21 AM 10/12/2007 -0400, Christine.McCoy@no.address wrote:

>On another, yet similar note, I need information to help a C&D
>transfer station expand their operations here in the City of
>Alexandria, Virginia. They want to double the amount of through-put
>and it's in an industrialized part of the City but there are still
>citizens concerned about truck traffic, air quality, etc. What can
>we say to let them know that given the industrialized nature of that
>section of the City, that it's a beneficial land use? Anyone have
>any talking points to help us out?

A transfer station is not automatically part of a recycling
operation.  My opinion is that the City should first make sure that
the operation actually IS beneficial, and that the impacts ARE under
control.....  Maybe the residents have valid points that need to be addressed.

Alan Muller
Green Delaware