[GreenYes] baseline impacts of what WE are doing.

In a message dated 10/26/2007 6:21:59 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, Reindl@no.address writes:We in the waste reduction and recovery field often criticize people and businesses in other fields for not looking at the impacts of what they are doing. Why do we exempt ourselves from that same requirement to take a broad and comprehensive view?

HI John:

I agree with you that, the environmental impacts of mixed waste collection, transfer and land filling and /or incineration should be the base line comparison of all other schemes.

We need to include resource availability in the analysis as well as energy and water pollution  impacts.

Is pollution acceptable when it is the least costly alternative?

Rick

Ricanthony@no.address
RichardAnthonyAssociates.com
San Diego, California