[GreenYes] Re: Fwd: Zero Waste for San Francisco convention center

Title: [GreenYes] Re: Fwd: Zero Waste for San Francisco convention center

the Moscone Center is definitely leading the way in SF. But, the rest
of the San Francisco City government is also making solid progress.

I arrived at SF Environment, as their new City Government Zero Waste
Coordinator a month ago.  It's important to note that San Francisco
has established the necessary regulatory framework that requires all
City and County facilities to reduce their waste by 75%.  This is a
requirement and a metric that departments are evaluated on.
Fundamentally, it's the committment and hard work of many people, in
particular the City's recycling coordinators that make this program
work.  But, without the direction from the top that requires waste
reduction, it would be impossible to move the entire organization
towards zero waste.

Paul Ledesma
SF Environment
415.377.3739