[GreenYes] Fwd: "Cool the Earth" Idea Contest - Japan

Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:04:29 +0900
From: "Takeshi Nozawa" <nozawa@no.address>
To: ZERI_Practitioners-owner@no.address
Subject: "Cool the Earth" Idea Contest

I am Takeshi Nozawa, a staff from "Cool the Earth" contest. I am
emailing to inform you to one of eye-opening contest held in Japan.

From July 19th-September 5th 2007, with the aim of curbing global
warming as much as possible and keeping the earth "cool", we are
calling for ideas from around the world for reducing carbon dioxide
(CO2) emissions.

Based on the innovative ideas we receive, prototype projects will be
conducted in Japan to establish models for reducing emissions. The
results of these projects will be reported to the global community in
the hope that this will promote further innovation towards reducing
CO2 emissions.

Winners of this contest are following:
1) Grand prizes will be awarded to up to four people or entities as follows:
- Winners from abroad will be awarded a portion of travel and
accommodation expenses to attend the awards ceremony held in Japan.
- Winners from Japan will be taken on an eco-tour to learn about the
latest in global warming.

2) Special Prize from Supporting Company: Amita Award:
50,000 yen (approx $420) awarded to an excellent applicant other than
Grand prize winners.

If you are interested, please contribute your ideas and support the
world for reducing CO2 emmissions!
(Contest information in detail are described below)

Sincerely,
Staff from "Cool the Earth"
Shiro Hosojima/Takeshi Nozawa
cooltheearth@no.address

============

                  http://eco.goo.ne.jp/topics/cooltheearth/english/

As the first commitment period under the Kyoto Protocol approaches,
hot debate about global warming is taking place around the world.
 It is now time for all sectors; industry, government, academia and
the  private sector, to work to bring about significant changes.

In particular, now is the time for Japan, which chaired the conference
which gave birth to the Kyoto Protocol, to take the initiative in
gathering ideas from all over the world and promote effective
strategies.

Concept
With the aim of curbing global warming as much as possible and keeping
the earth "cool", we are calling for ideas from around the world for
reducing carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions.

Based on the innovative ideas we receive, prototype projects will be
conducted in Japan to establish models for reducing emissions. The
results of these projects will be reported to the global community in
the hope that this will promote further innovation towards reducing
CO2 emissions.

Schedule
Idea Submission Period: July 19th - September 5th 2007 (5:00PM)
Final Results Announced: October 18th
Awards Ceremony: December 13th , 14th, or 15th

*The Awards Ceremony will be held at Eco Products 2007 Exhibition in
Tokyo, the Japan's largest eco-related exhibition.
http://www.vcc.ne.jp/eco2006/english/index.html
(Report of Eco Products Exhibition 2006)

Prizes for Winners
1) Grand prizes will be awarded to up to four people or entities as follows:
- Winners from abroad will be awarded a portion of travel and
accommodation expenses to attend the awards ceremony
- Winners from Japan will be taken on an eco-tour to learn about the
latest in global warming.

2) Special Prize from Supporting Company: Amita Award:
50,000 yen awarded to an excellent applicant other than Grand prize winners.

Entry Divisions
Business Division (domestic / overseas) We are calling for ideas for
new business models which contribute to reducing
CO2 emissions. We are looking for ideas that can be applied to going
forward, not ideas that are aimed at expanding the markets of existing
businesses.
Applicants are not required to have relevant business experience.

Governmental System/Policy Division (domestic / overseas) We are
calling for ideas to establish systems and policies which can be
utilized by national or local governments. We welcome ideas for
removing barriers that hinder new businesses start-up, or ideas for
schemes aimed at encouraging people to change their lifestyles to
reduce CO2 emissions.
Ideas do not have to be consistent nor comply with current Japanese
systems, regulations, etc.

* Applicants who reside in Japan may apply in the domestic division only.
Applicants who reside outside Japan may apply in the overseas division only.

Steering Body
Organizer: Eco Business Creation Association Additional Support: NTT
Resonant Inc., Japan for Sustainability (JFS)

Contact Information:
Etsuko Kobayashi, Shiro Hosojima, Takeshi Nozawa
"Cool the Earth" Idea Contest Office, c/o Amita Corporation
28 Banchi, Sanbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 102-0075 Japan
E-mail: cooltheearth@no.address
http://eco.goo.ne.jp/topics/cooltheearth/english

This message is being sent to individuals and organizations that we feel
are concerned about climate issues including global warming.
Your address was obtained by a web search.

Gary Liss
916-652-7850
Fax: 916-652-0485
www.garyliss.com