[GreenYes] Demonstration waste-to-energy plant goes online FYI

Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 1:04 AM

Subject: Waste News Daily E-mail for July 26, 2007

Demonstration waste-to-energy plant goes online

July 25 -- A Boston company has officially opened a clean-energy demonstration plant to convert municipal waste into energy and other beneficial products.

Ze-gen Inc. hosted a ribbon-cutting ceremony July 23 at the facility in New Bedford, Mass. The New Bedford Waste Services LLC plant will use advanced gasification technology to convert waste into synthetic natural gas and electricity. The pilot plant plans to operate for a year. It is permitted to handle up to 1,500 tons per day of municipal solid waste, construction and demolition debris and scrap tires.

"This is the first step in testing the mechanics of our operation and will allow us to perfect our technology and position us for the launch of a full-scale facility," said Bill Davis, president and CEO of Ze-gen.

Leonard