[GreenYes] Sources of reusable shopping bags

Title: [GreenYes] Sources of reusable shopping bags

Hi GRRN:

Sierra Club folks have been asking me about where to go to buy large
quantities of reusable shopping bags. And of course the hierarchy of the
best bags.  So I have two questions:

1. Does anyone have a master list including company name, phone and
website of companies that sell reusable shopping bags.  And if so, could
you please send to me.

2. If disposable non-renewable plastic bags are at the bottom of the
hierarchy, what kind of reusable bags are at the top?  Organic cotton
locally grown?  Hemp again locally grown?  recycled fiber?  reusable
plastic like the tyvex kind?  Are any of these bags made in the US from
US grown fiber?  Or at least from north America?

Thanks,

I am checking to see if I can like supplier from the Sierra Club's
website, I am not sure if this is a conflict with our rules. If not, we
will be rolling out a commonly asked question and answer section as we
are being inundated with all the ban plastic bag stuff.  San Francisco
your new policies are killing me..... just kidding, clearly our members
are excited about what the City is doing.

Ann Schneider
Chair, Zero Waste Committee
Sierra Club - Environmental Quality Strategy Team
Ann.Schneider@no.address
www.sierraclub.org/committees/zerowasteClubhouse
http://whistler.sierraclub.org/listsub/?listname=CONS-EQST-WASTE-FORUM to
join our forum to discuss ZW & EPR Campaigns

----__JNP_000_223d.07e4.2e55

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3Dcontent-type content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.3132" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bottomMargin=3D0 leftMargin=3D3 topMargin=3D0 rightMargin=3D3>
<DIV>Hi GRRN:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Sierra Club folks have been asking me about where to go to buy
large=20
quantities of reusable shopping bags. And of course the hierarchy of the
=
best=20
bags.&nbsp; So I have two questions:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>1. Does anyone have a master list including company name, phone and
=
website=20
of companies that sell reusable shopping bags.&nbsp; And if so, could you
=
please=20
send to me.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>2. If disposable non-renewable plastic bags are at the bottom of
the=20
hierarchy, what kind of reusable bags are at the top?&nbsp; Organic
cotton=
=20
locally grown?&nbsp; Hemp again locally grown?&nbsp; recycled
fiber?&nbsp;=
=20
reusable plastic like the tyvex kind?&nbsp; Are any of these bags made in
=
the US=20
from US grown fiber?&nbsp; Or at least from north America?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am checking to see if I can like supplier from the Sierra Club's =
website,=20
I am not sure if this is a conflict with our rules. If not, we will be =
rolling=20
out a commonly asked question and answer section as we are being
inundated =
with=20
all the ban plastic bag stuff.&nbsp; San Francisco your new policies are
=
killing=20
me..... just kidding, clearly our members are excited about what the City
=
is=20
doing.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Ann Schneider</DIV>
<DIV>Chair, Zero Waste Committee</DIV>
<DIV>Sierra Club - Environmental Quality Strategy Team</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
href="" href="mailto:Ann.Schneider@no.address">mailto:Ann.Schneider@no.address">Ann.Schneider@no.address
</=
A><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt"></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-size:
12.0pt">&nbsp;<A=20
href="" href="http://www.sierraclub.org/committees/zerowasteClubhouse">http://www.sierraclub.org/committees/zerowasteClubhouse">www.=
sierraclub.org/committees/zerowaste</SPAN><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman';
mso-fareast-font-=
family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US;
mso-fareast-language: =
EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Clubhouse</A></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman';
mso-fareast-font-=
family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US;
mso-fareast-language: =
EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"><A=20
href="" href="http://whistler.sierraclub.org/listsub/?listname=3DCONS-EQST-WAST">http://whistler.sierraclub.org/listsub/?listname=3DCONS-EQST-WAST
E-=
FORUM">http://whistler.sierraclub.org/listsub/?listname=3DCONS-EQST-WASTE
-=
FORUM</A>&nbsp;to=20
join our forum to discuss ZW &amp; EPR=20
Campaigns<BR>&nbsp;</SPAN></DIV></BODY></HTML>

----__JNP_000_223d.07e4.2e55--