[GreenYes] Re: Zero Waste Music Festivals?

Hi Bob, et al. The Eno River Festival held annually over a three day
period for 30,000 total attendees for each of the past 20+ years in
Durham NC gets >80% diversion through recycling and composting. Their
vendors must provide all foodstuffs in recyclable or compostable
containers. THey use compostable utensils and they have staffed waste
stations with separate bins for recyclables, compostables and waste.
All stations are staffed throughout the three day festival and they
have a long term on site composting site where all organic material is
piled, annually the static pile is harvested for use in Eno Park
plantings. As referenced otherwise, preplanning and and development of
an on-site plan are critical. You can contact Greg Bell at the Eno
River Association for more details. (919) 477-4549 or
festival@no.address