[GreenYes] waste sites

hi all,

A somewhat open-ended question: I'm traveling across the country next
month, hoping to visit and write about some places that are the
opposite of standard tourist spots: dumps and waste sites. I'm
interested in places that are visually impressive, and hopefully
haven't been covered too extensively. So far the tentative list
includes landfills, mountaintop removal sites, and possibly a visit to
the airplane graveyard in Tucson. Can anyone recommend any more places
like these? I'm particularly interested in agricultural and mining
waste.

thanks,

Aaron