[GreenYes] Buy Less Crap (dot org)

I just heard about this website, http://buylesscrap.org/. I guess I¹m so
out of the consumer culture that I wasn¹t aware that Bono launched a Project
(RED) campaign with Gap and Apple and others a year ago where a percent of
purchases went to Global Fund to combat AIDS. After $100 million in
marketing costs (which clearly missed me!), only $18million went to the
Global Fund. This site was set up as an alternative to give directly to the
charities without having to buy anything. The tag line is ?buy less, give
more.¹ The site doesn¹t explain that or talk about consumption, and I¹m not
sure how folks who would otherwise buy stuff would find out about it. But
it¹s a good start.

Here are some links about it, including a mention on CNN:
http://adage.com/article?article_id=115287
<http://adage.com/article?article_id=115287>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSMwE--rT5c

http://www.nonprofitmarketingblog.com/comments/cause_related_marketing_seei
ng_red_and_pink

--
Amy Perlmutter
Fellow, Lowell Center for Sustainable Production, UMass