Please circulate. Thank you. S. MacBride
NEW YORK CITY DEPARTMENT OF SANITATION
CITYWIDE JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Civil Service Title: Associate Staff Analyst Level: &!
Title Code No: 12627  !
; Salary: $51,396 ? 76,527
Office Title: !
Work Location: Manhattan
Division/Work Unit: Bureau of Waste Prevention, Reuse
And Recycling &nbs!
p; Number of Positions: 1
- Independently conducts complex surveys and technical, quantitative analysis of recycling program finances, operations and administration using computer models and statistics. Analyzes budgets an resources allocations for recycling programs. Evaluates the progress of recycling programs. Reviews administrative procedures and makes recommendations to senior management regarding policy. Manages extensive database and reports.
- Develops information network and professional contacts within City government and with other budget, recycling and waste management professionals.
- Plans and coordinates recycling programs. Prepares comprehensive reports on the status of recycling programs (including charts, graphs and tables), presents findings and makes recommendations for improved efficiency.
- Researches, evaluates and makes recommendations on economic issues and legislation impacting recycling.
- Prepares formal and informal presentations to agency managers and staff, elected officials, community and advocacy groups.
- Assists the various Deputy Directors and Director with special analytical projects as needed.
- Assess impacts of labor negotiations and practices on recycling programs and makes recommendations for improved efficiency.
- Develops Requests for Proposals for recycling programs. Evaluates financial impacts of multi-million dollar proposals. Oversees fulfillment of contract provisions.
- Trains other staff members in recycling analysis and budgets.
1.) A master?s degree from an accredited college in economics, finance, accounting, business or public administration, human resources management, management science, operations research, organizational behavior, industrial psychology, statistics, personnel administration, labor relations, psychology, sociology, human resources development, political science, or a closely related field, and one year of satisfactory full-time professional experience in one or a combination of the following: working with the budget of a large public or private concern in budget administration, accounting, economic or financial administration, or fiscal or economic research; in management or methods analysis, operations research, organizational researc!
h or program evaluation; in personnel or public administration, recruitment, position classification, personnel relations, employee benefits, staff development, employment program planning/administration, labor market research, economic planning, social services program planning/evaluation, or fiscal management, or in a related area.
2.) A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and three years of satisfactory full-time professional experience in the areas described in ?1? above.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME WITH COVER LETTER TO:
Mailing Address: Department of Sanitation, Bureau of Waste Prevention, Reuse and Recycling
44 Beaver Street, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10004
Appointments are subject to Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval as well as Vacancy Control Board (VCB) approval. NEW YORK CITY RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.