[GreenYes] Re: Bioreactors and "green energy"?

Thanks, Eric, for posting this. It¹s my good old hometown, Columbia, MO!

Sure would be nice if Peter Anderson were still on this list serve to get
the conversation heated up. Imagine, 2.5% of a city¹s energy needs in 10
years time! There is no mention of operating costs (which must mean this
baby will run cheap), but $1.6 million to build the unit is pretty
inexpensive (which really makes me wonder about the philosophy of low bid
public procurement). Also, only 40,000-50,000 gallons of water a day.
Hmmmm...green energy, huh? I wonder if they calculated the amount of energy
saved through recycling, composting and waste reduction of the same
material.

All funnin¹ aside, we are entering a new phase of technology experimentation
in this land of plenty. We all need to be on our toes. Recycling and
composting is now seen as old school.

db
--
David Biddle, Executive Director
<http://www.blueolives.blogspot.com>

215-247-3090 (desk)
215-432-8225 (cell)

<http://www.gpcrc.com>

Read In Business magazine to learn about sustainable
businesses in communities across North America!
Go to: <http://www.jgpress.com/inbusine.htm>