[GreenYes] Update on Sierra Club and biomass

I talked with the Global Warming and Energy Program Director of the Sierra
Club today. He assured me that we can look forward to a statement from the
Sierra Club next week clarifying that contrary to the biomass section of the
American Solar Energy Society report, the Sierra Club maintains that it is
strongly opposed to incineration of any municipal solid waste materials.
Also, the Sierra Club will be releasing a report in the near future that is
consistent with this position.

Please note that I am not sure what the exact wording of their statement
will say, this is only what I gathered from him over the phone.

Warm regards,

Dave

Dave Ciplet

Global Alliance for Incinerator Alternatives (GAIA)

Tel: 510.883.9490 ext. 102

Fax: 510.883.9493

dave@no.address

www.no-burn.org