[GreenYes] Info on recycling rates in NY

Hi Alan from the Phillippines and all,

I've been researching the reasons for the huge (400%) disparity between recycling rates in poor neighborhoods vs. rich ones in New York City since 2003 and have written some papers on this.  In 2001-2002, I taught some workshops on recycling outreach for the Professional Recyclers of Pennsylvania's recycling certification program.  I've put some of this information up on my website: .   Check it out.   I also supervised a Masters student who did analyses on my data.  I expect to be mining my NYC data and publishing more.   I'm hoping to be able to help communities that want it to design outreach to increase participation rates where it's needed most.

Maggie Clarke, Ph.D.
Environmental Scientist and Educator
New York City