[GreenYes] FW: David Wood Memorial service and fund for his children

From: Ted Smith
Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 9:53 PM
To: e_takeback@no.address
Subject: David Memorial service and fund for his children

As many of you know, we lost a valiant and very talented colleague with the
death of David Wood who was a co-founder of the Computer TakeBack Campaign
and former Executive Director of GrassRoots Recycling Network. In the
spirit of Mother Jones ("Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the
living") I would like to encourage people to contribute to his memory in the
following ways:

1. A fund has been established for David's daughters, Malena and Emma.
As many of you know, the most important part of David's life were his
daughters - Malena (13) and Emma (6). To that end, friends have set up an
Emma and Malena Fund. Contributions can be mailed to the Wisconsin League of
Conservation Voters office (306 E. Wilson St, #2E, Madison, WI 53703).
Checks should be made out to David's widow --"Kerry Schumann" and note that
it is for the fund. Robin Schneider of the Texas Campaign for the
Environment and Co-Chair of the Computer TakeBack Campaign have contributed
to this fund and want to encourage each of you to also send a gift of money,
if you haven't already done so.

2. If you would like to send your condolences to David's family, you
may do so at emmafund@no.address <mailto:emmafund@no.address> com and to his
brother Bob at rwood@no.address

3. Kerry Schumann has suggested that it would mean a lot to his family,
especially his parents, to share your memories with the friends who were a
part of his life. She is putting together a book of memories of David to
share at the memorial and give to his parents. She'd love to hear the
stories that you want to share about David -. You can send stories, photos,
etc to her at kerry@no.address

4. If you would like to attend the memorial service, it will be on Sat,
January 6th at 3:00 at the United Methodist Church in Clifton Springs, NY.
There will be a reception at the church after the service as well. The
closest airport is Rochester (about 45 miles). Syracuse is about 60 miles
away and Buffalo is about 90 miles. I will be attending and if you would
like a copy of the Memorial service program, please let me know.

5. Also, please feel free to forward this message to your contacts and
others that knew David.

Thank you.
Ted Smith

Senior Strategist