[GreenYes] Re: unbelievable... a Monday morning zinger

At 12:38 PM 12/12/2006 -0500, Mark J. McConnell wrote:
>Hi tree huggers,
>Three things. 1 Who let them build on a landfill
>duh! You know it's going to sink.

In some cases dumps have been redeveloped
successfully but they aren't exactly prime real estate....

> 2 Methane is odorless so the smell is something else.

The odor comes, usually, from reduced sulfur
compounds such as H2S also produced in the dump.

> 3 Does anyone know the law about dumping green
> waste, leaf and limb in landfills and could you send me a link. Thanks

Varies from place to place.....

>Peace, Love and Compost,
Alan Muller, Executive Director
Green Delaware