"Dell completes rollout of worldwide electronics take-back program"

From: WasteNews [mailto:news@no.address]
<mailto:%5bmailto:news@no.address%5d>

Dec. 12 -- Dell Inc. has completed the rollout of its free worldwide
consumer electronics take-back and recycling program, the company said Dec.
12.

Most recently, the Round Rock, Texas-based electronics manufacturer expanded
its free program to Brazil, China, India, South Korea, Mexico and Taiwan to
meet its timetable, which it set in June. Dell has also added or enhanced
recycling services in Australia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore and
Thailand.

"With today´s announcement, our efforts to make recycling free and easy are
global," said Eric Gates, worldwide manager of asset recovery services for
Dell.

Dell´s program allows consumers to return any Dell-branded product at no
cost whether or not they buy a new Dell product to replace it. The company
is the only computer manufacturer to offer such program.