From: GreenYes@no.address [mailto:GreenYes@no.address]On
Behalf Of Justin Stockdale
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2006 12:00 PM
To: 'Matthew Cotton'; 'Pete Pasterz'
Cc: RicAnthony@no.address; stevew@no.address; gary@no.address;
crra_members@no.address; GreenYes@no.address; zwia@no.address;
ZERI_Practitioners@no.address; ZERI-US@no.address;
sustainablebusiness@no.address; marc.gunther@no.address;
cmoore@no.address; mgordon@no.address; stephanie@no.address
Subject: [GreenYes] Re: Can you feed the stuff to the fish?

I feel like I am missing something in the ongoing debate about the virtues
of PLA and other bio-plastics?is no one concerned that these plastics stand
to sanctify the production of gmo?s as environmentally preferable simply
because they fit nicely into the zero waste framework? To read recently that
the Boulder farmers market is not only proud, but touting their zero waste
status though the use of gmo products seems to me to be as contrary to the
virtues of a farmers market as possible.

I am struck that the zero waste movement is getting lost striving for the
magic zero?that they have divorced their movement from all other aspects of
environmental responsibility? Just because it is compostable does not make a
starlink knife a good thing.

And please do not forget that recycling, composting and the lot is still
waste, if you have it to be recycled you have still generated waste....

Justin Stockdale

Buckman Road Recycling & Transfer Station

149 Wildlife Way

Santa Fe, NM 87506

505-424-1850

jstockdale@no.address