[GreenYes] Re: Communities with waste-to-energy (WTE) facilities reply..

Mr Miller's knowledgeable comments are appreciated. He probably was right in
2002 and definitely was right if the recycle being discussed is WTE like we
have currently in Lake Co since 1988.We have one of two operational COVANTA
WTE plants in Fla. Our ash was to be processed into aggregate by the very rich
and visionary owner of Fla Rock who has yet to get his built ash plant
permitted.

We in Lake Co spread the WTE ash over the lined landfill and truck the
leachette to some plant to be processed and dumped into likely the St Johns River.

THIS IS THE OLD WAY which is referenced in the comments.

You are lucky to get 20 percent generation efficiency and you definitely get
CO and mercury and use natural gas and LOTS and LOTS of potable water.

The model of collecting both on the same day works relatively very well
where I live even using obsolete technology.

leonard e. wheeler jr