[GreenYes] RE Fla Bio energy plant Dr Dick Glick sent me this from the bio list.

And it would appear from my read and other sources that his observations are
valid for the type of operations planned using the known technolgy . Leonard.

Hello Len --

You can fool some of the people all of the time -- it's said. An analysis
of the general question -- most optimistically -- fuel available to produce
the power must come from 2 acres per hour -- and with a heat rate of a very
optimistic 7.5 million BTU/MWh -- the two acres must annually yield 7.5e+6 x 116
MW = 8.816e+8 BTU -- now a dry-ton of highest biomass has less than
10,000,000 BTU/dry-ton -- so that the two acres 88 dry-ton or 44 dry-ton/acre.
That's if all the energy could be delivered -- a central facility would be
expected to lose at least 30% of its energy logistically -- then realistically the
yield would have to be at least 63 dry-ton/acre. Since the stuff they're
considering is at least 75% water so the yield per acre needs to approach 250 ton
-- every year for 25 years?. That's off the top of my 'bold dome' -- Good
luck!

Best, Dick

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a
fool than to speak and remove all doubt."
and ....
Grant me the serenity to ignore the trolls,
the courage to debate with honest opponents,
and the wisdom to know the difference.