[GreenYes] Take Action- Help the PVC Campaign & ask Wal-Mart to phase out PVC plastic

Dear Greenyes-ers,

The GrassRoots Recycling Network is one of the founders and key members of the PVC Consumer Campaign. Since the campaign was founded we've worked with Johnson & Johnson, Microsoft, and Crabtree & Evelyn to eliminate PVC in their packaging.

Last fall, Wal-Mart has agreed to phase out PVC in its private label products. In fact, seven out of 24 of their private label suppliers have already done so. The remaining suppliers are still working on suitable replacements. While this is an auspicious development, Wal-Mart is only planning to discourage--but not phase out-- PVC products and packaging used by other (meaning name brand product) suppliers. The PVC Consumer Campaign would like them to take stronger action against suppliers that use PVC in name brand packages and products, but our success depends on getting more support from you.

In less time than it takes to read this email, you can visit the GrassRoots Recycling Network home page at www.grrn.org then click on the Take Action link to send a message to Wal-Mart's CEO. We've generated 1500 faxes to Wal-Mart so far. We need more.

If you haven't done so yet, please send a message today. The Wal-Mart consumer campaign will end October 10th.
We will keep you posted on our progress.

Thanks,
Linda Christopher
GrassRoots Recycling Network (GRRN)