[GreenYes] Re: Beyond newspapers

I didn't think there was any municipal collection of papers - ONP or
otherwise - ("slops" for pig farms were collected from HHs in
Philadelphia in the 20s and 30s my mother told me) -- but there were
many non-profit & church type paper drives. I heard that the Boy Scouts
lost a lot of revenue from paper drives when municipal ONP collection
really took off in the '80s (from a SMurfit exec). Interesting history!